Securing capital is crucial for startups, and fundraising often takes up the bulk of time and effort. However, bear in mind that running a startup requires much more, from managing equity to maintaining cap tables to networking and even recruiting.
Though all this can feel overwhelming, equity management software is meant to help with these tasks. That said, given the staggering range of options available on the market for startups, where do you even begin?
Below, we’ll compare two highly rated equity management platforms—AngelList and Carta—to assist you in selecting what best suits your needs.
First things first—what is equity management software?
Equity management platforms help streamline and automate processes related to managing and tracking equity ownership. They provide functions and features to handle tasks such as issuing shares, building cap tables, and facilitating equity transactions, ultimately simplifying the management of equity-related activities for startups.
AngelList is a great example of such a platform. Despite their late entry into the market in 2021, this unexpected newcomer is rapidly building a strong reputation with their robust platform.
Likewise, Carta is another widely-used solution. With its emphasis on catering to larger companies, along with its wealth of resources and powerful functionalities, Carta is worth its weight in gold for startups that can afford it.
Things to consider when choosing equity management software
As you explore available options, you should always consider the following questions:
AngelList vs Carta
- Cap table health check: While not available to all, Carta offers high-quality cap table health checks for select clients.
- Onboarding: AngelList allows startups to start using their platform after just 5 days of onboarding at most.
- Superior data portability: AngelList users can effortlessly sync their data with their preferred payroll and HRIS provider, ensuring a seamless integration experience.
Why LTSE Equity?
LTSE Equity is created for founders, by founders—including The Lean Startup’s Eric Ries. As such, its full suite of equity management solutions and guidance are founded on real-life experience and insights.
TL;DR? LTSE Equity might just be the platform you’re looking for if you need:
- Swift onboarding: With LTSE Equity's concierge and self-service onboarding, users can swiftly begin migrating or building cap tables in minutes.
- Unrestricted cap table health check: LTSE Equity provides annual cap table health checks for all plans
- Transparent, affordable pricing: LTSE Equity provides transparent and affordable pricing with three founder-friendly plans.
- Scenario modeling: LTSE Equity empowers founders to make informed decisions with its visual scenario modeler that can incorporate convertible instruments like SAFEs and notes.
LTSE Equity FAQs
What makes LTSE Equity different from other platforms?
LTSE Equity is created by founders, for founders. Our full suite of equity management features reflects our real-life experience and insights, empowering your startup to prosper and endure.
How much does LTSE Equity cost?
Our pricing is strictly founder-friendly and scales as you grow. Our plans are also completely transparent, with no hidden costs or surprise price hikes.
Does LTSE Equity provide a free trial or demo?
Yes! Dive into our full-featured demo now and discover every benefit LTSE Equity has to offer—no sign-ups required.
How can I switch to LTSE Equity?
Simply send us your current spreadsheet or cap table, and we’ll get your details onboarded within a week.
How can I ask more questions about LTSE Equity?
Not sure which plan to choose? Looking for a live demo? Schedule a call with our team now.