Securing funding is only the first step for startup founders. Once the thrill and excitement settles, founders can quickly find themselves overwhelmed by the sheer complexity of managing a startup, especially in issuing and managing equity.
This is where equity management software comes in. But with so many choices on the market today, picking the right one for your startup can be tricky.
In this page, we’ll compare two top-rated equity management platforms—Eqvista and Carta—to help you pick the right platform for your startup.
First things first—what is equity management software?
Also known as cap table software, equity management software centralizes all equity-related activities. From as early as Demo Day and ultimately to IPO, founders use this software to build and maintain cap tables, issue and manage equity, model potential scenarios, and so on.
One such platform is Eqvista, a platform that offers valuation services like 409As, company valuation, and IRS filing. Their software includes more advanced capabilities with reporting features that require minimal manual entry, automatic import and data compilation from multiple sources.
The other top-rated equity management platform is Carta. Carta focuses on larger companies and includes a wider range of features to suit. Their extensive documentation and blogs make it easy to understand the product while also learning about relevant financial topics.
Things to consider when choosing equity management software
As you browse through the many choices available today, keep these questions in mind to help you zero in on your ideal software.
Eqvista vs Carta
- Cap table health check: Carta offers cap table health check to select clients.
- Scenario modeling tool: Eqvista’s financial modeling tools include waterfall analysis and round modeling to help get your startup equity management in place.
- Better exportability: Eqvista allows users to generate 3 types of reports making it easier to share cap tables with stakeholders.
Why LTSE Equity?
LTSE Equity is created for founders, by founders—including The Lean Startup’s Eric Ries. As such, its full suite of equity management solutions and guidance are founded on real-life experience and insights.
TL;DR? LTSE Equity might just be the platform you’re looking for if you need:
- Swift onboarding: LTSE Equity features concierge and self-service onboarding—users can start migrating or building cap tables within minutes.
- Unrestricted cap table health check: LTSE Equity offers annual cap table health checks across all plans.
- Better stock option issuance: Easily generate legal documents and issue certificates and certificate-free stock with LTSE Equity’s end-to-end stock issuance system.
LTSE Equity FAQs
What makes LTSE Equity different from other platforms?
LTSE Equity is created by founders, for founders. Our full suite of equity management features reflects our real-life experience and insights, empowering your startup to prosper and endure.
How much does LTSE Equity cost?
Our pricing is strictly founder-friendly and scales as you grow. Our plans are also completely transparent, with no hidden costs or surprise price hikes.
Does LTSE Equity provide a free trial or demo?
Yes! Dive into our full-featured demo now and discover every benefit LTSE Equity has to offer—no sign-ups required.
How can I switch to LTSE Equity?
Simply send us your current spreadsheet or cap table, and we’ll get your details onboarded within a week.
How can I ask more questions about LTSE Equity?
Not sure which plan to choose? Looking for a live demo? Schedule a call with our team now.