One of the toughest aspects of successfully running a startup is properly managing your equity, as not doing it efficiently can make or break startups. Equity management is no easy task, given the range of factors that have to be considered. That's why startups often use equity management software. However, picking a specific solution can be a little tricky, given the abundance of options on the market.
Below, we'll take a look at two highly-rated options, Shareworks and Carta, to help you decide which one better suits your startup's needs.
First things first—what is equity management software?
Equity management software– also referred to as cap table software– is a powerful tool that helps startups efficiently track, allocate, and manage their equity ownership. This ability ultimately helps startups make better-informed decisions and keeps them on track to achieve their mission.
Shareworks is a popular solution that offers startups a comprehensive dashboard to manage their equity-related activities, ranging from ESOPs to ESPPs, and streamline otherwise lengthy and manual processes.
On the other hand, Carta is a well-established solution used by countless leading startups. While it comes with a premium cost, it’s a powerful solution equipped with a wide range of functionalities and features.
Things to consider when choosing equity management software
As you browse the many choices available today, keep these questions in mind to help you zero in on your ideal software.
Shareworks vs Carta
- Cap table health check: Though not available to all users, Carta offers thorough cap table health checkups for select clients.
- Expert consultation: Shareworks’s highly trained sales team can help users overcome any issue encountered.
- Education: Carta’s large arsenal of resources such as reports, webinars, and blogs, is a fantastic complement for any startup.
Why LTSE Equity?
Designed for founders by founders, LTSE Equity leverages extensive real-life experience and expertise from industry leaders like Eric Ries to create a powerful equity management solution.
TL;DR? LTSE Equity could be the one for you if you’re keeping an eye out for:
- Streamlined onboarding: LTSE Equity provides swift onboarding, allowing users to migrate or create cap tables in a matter of minutes either via concierge or self-service.
- Cap table health checks: LTSE Equity offers annual cap table health checks across all plans, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of your cap table.
- Flexible pricing: LTSE Equity offers three founder-friendly plans that cater to a wide range of needs, ensuring transparent pricing that is affordable and accessible.
LTSE Equity FAQs
What makes LTSE Equity different from other platforms?
LTSE Equity is created by founders, for founders. Our full suite of equity management features reflects our real-life experience and insights, empowering your startup to prosper and endure.
How much does LTSE Equity cost?
Our pricing is strictly founder-friendly and scales as you grow. Our plans are also completely transparent, with no hidden costs or surprise price hikes.
Does LTSE Equity provide a free trial or demo?
Yes! Dive into our full-featured demo now and discover every benefit LTSE Equity has to offer—no sign-ups required.
How can I switch to LTSE Equity?
Simply send us your current spreadsheet or cap table, and we’ll get your details onboarded within a week.
How can I ask more questions about LTSE Equity?
Not sure which plan to choose? Looking for a live demo? Schedule a call with our team now.